Thursday, October 27, 2011

I like Texas

My favorite songs out there are about Texas,  I Like Texas, Songs about Texas, My Texas, When I die I may not go to heaven, etc.  Short story, I am proud of the state I am born and raised in.

Many may recall back in the summer my beloved and I celebrated 20 years of marriage.  Because of that I asked the LOML what she wanted.  She told me, we went and bought it.


Not all three of course, she had two of them already.  Newest one is the ring closest to the knuckle,  for all of us guys out there, its called an "anniversary band"  Be sure and enjoy the cool ROCK there, which is an antique, passed down through the family.


On a side note here, we got the ring from Duffs jewelers and they were GREAT!.  For a number of reasons we needed the old rings worked on along with sizing the new rings but did not want to leave them there.  They were very understanding and were able to do all the work while we stood there and watched. (I learned a lot about how jewelry work is done and found some tools there I need to find....)







ANYWAY, dont think anyone reads this for the jewelry info,  in the process of all this my beloved asked me what I wanted for our anniversary and of course I told her I had everything I ever needed....  She told me she wanted to get me something that would last.....  She wanted to buy me a GUN!  :)

There was a lot of back and forth there where she wanted to know what kind of gun to buy me and all this  (which i wouldnt tell her, because I never tell her!) and we looked a couple of places but didnt really find what I was looking for.

a weekend comes around and I was thinking we might go gun shopping so I was doing a little surfing.  I come across this place called the "Jackson Armory"  It says they are a dealer in antique arms,  I click on it and start reading and it says its located in Snider Plaza.  I was getting ready to click the Back button (because I did not think any gun sold in Snider Plaza would be the gun for me) when I noticed they had a on-line inventory link.  Just for grins I clicked on the link and low and behold they had a number of the guns I was looking for....


Of we go to trek across town and sure enough, tucked away in the corner of Snider Plaza is Jackson Armory.  Went in there and told the man what I was looking for, he point me in the right direction and I started going through what they had.   I did not find what I was looking for, BUT I did find one I really liked....  (did I mention at the top of this post, how much I like Texas?)

so I came home with this.

Its a 1976 Winchester 94 .30-.30 20" barrel.  It is a gorgeous gun.  As another customer in the store said, "too pretty to shoot"  Well it is, but I am going to shoot it anyway.



It still had the original box it came in.

Let me tell you, I cannot wait to send some rounds down range in this gun

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment