Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I can stop anytime, really I can.....

Apparently I need to find out where the local meetings for rednecks anonymous are held and start attending...  You know you're a redneck when you start a story by  "the family was at Cabelas...."

Well, the family was at Cabelas looking around to see what wonderful things they have  (yeah, that place is cool isnt it!) and we were looking at the used gun racks.  My beloved picks up a old beat up 94 and hands it to me.  I look at it, its from 1949, a .30-.30, and man let me tell you, its beat up.  I would be willing to bet this rode on someone's saddle for a long time.  I was trying to make good choices and sat the rifle back on the rack.  My beloved asks me if I'm not interested.  I mentioned that for the price they had on it, it wasnt worth it.  Her comment was, well ask them if there is any wiggle room....  I pick the gun back up and walk over to the nice man with the Cabelas shirt on and I ask him if the price is firm or if there is any room in it.  He tells me he has to look in the computer to see.  He comes back and tells me he has a little room in the price and throws a number at me.  I tell him the dollar figure I think its worth it to me, (considerably less than what he offered) tell him I have a "thing" for 94's.  We look down the barrel and it doesnt look like a rust bucket.  He pulls the trigger lock off and the action is not bad.  I then tell him again what my number is and telling myself that if he wont come to that number, I walk away.  Well, he stares at the gun for a second, looks and me and says, yeah, we can do that.  So there I was again, filling out the form for buying a rifle  (I think I have the form memorized now) 

Here she is, she's rough, and will take some work, but someday she will be gorgeous again





Now I just have to learn how to dis-assemble the gun, get it cleaned up, and put back together....

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment