Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas already

We usually have a fairly hectic holiday, which is one of the reasons we try and go out of town for part of it, as we need more time away than in a room with a bunch of upset family members  (amazes me how people wind themselves up over a meal with people that are blood)  but anyway, we have already had 2 Christmas get togethers and I already received a package from my wife that was too heavy to wrap or hide.

From my parents and sister

the Veritas scraper set from lee Vally.  4 scrapers, card holder, Burnisher.  Very cool, this should help me get that smooth finish on the highly figured wood, and I have never used a scraper before so it is a new challenge for me.

From my wife

thats right, a welder.  its a Hobart Handler 140 MIG welder.  Runs off a regular 110V circuit.  I still need to find a couple helmets for me and M and need to get a tank of welding gas, but soon, we will be melting metal!!!!!   (again, not a big surprise here,  if you look to the right, yes, right there, no a little farther down, WAIT right there. yes you will see under tools coming soon, a picture of a Hobart Handler 140)


DD

No comments:

Post a Comment