Monday, January 10, 2011

Kahuku Sugar Mill

Saw this sign as we were driving on the Kamehamehamehamehaha highway in Oahau.



of course I had to stop and see what it was, I can tell you I was severely disappointed and disgusted at the same time.


Disappointed because I found there was basically nothing left of what was once a cool places other than a stop and rob with some pics on the wall, and a restaurant.

Here are some pics I was able to find on the internet of when it was real.


Disgusted because what I did find was this.





It really upsets me to see items like this just sitting out to rust.  At one time Machines like this kept food on the tables of many families and to see them set out as props to rust and decay just kills me.


I normally list places as cool places to go, this is not someplace I would consider cool to go to.  If you happen to drive by and see the sign, I would suggest you keep driving.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment