Monday, February 7, 2011

Shopnotes

I have the usual magazine subscriptions and from time to time they do have some interesting things in them.  As a overall magazine I like "The Family Handyman" as it is a more rounded magazine to a guy at home who is trying to do things himself.  For the shop though, I love Shopnotes.  It never fails me in showing me interesting things that I would not se anywhere else.  They build machines that i would never think of building, and the jigs in there are very useful.

At one point I picked up the magazine here and there but not regularly and did not have a subscription.  Finally I decided to buy a subscription and have since gone back and bought back issues.  I have Volumes 9-18 (minus 13) in the shopnotes binders.  Have volumes 19 and 20 from my subscription, and have started buying magazines off ebay lately.

I just bought Volume 8 and 13 complete from a single seller and have since found a few single issues in volumes 4 and 5 that I am working on buying.  I dont expect to complete the collection now, but it gives me something to look for a find every now and then.

What I find really intersting is in reading these mags from 10 years ago, I still find things in them that are interesting to me, things I did not know, tricks and tips, or info about tools.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment