Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My beloved thinks I am crazy

Actually I should correct that...

My beloved knows I am crazy.

and sharing this story with everyone will probably make everyone else question my sanity, but I am going to share it anyway.


If you turn on the wayback machine you would remember pics of M and I headed to the skeet range to practice shooting before we went duck hunting.

Well the first time we went I bought targets and a box of shells from the range.  The guy pointed over to a stack and told me "those are 12 gauge"

I picked up shells and a box of targets and headed out to the skeet practice area.

After opening the case of shells and a box, I realized, these were not 12 gauge, these were 20 gauge.

Rather than go in and argue with the guy, as ammo is normally not returnable, I just went in a bought a case of 12 gauge, checking the label on the box before I walked out.

We shot the case of shells that day and loaded up and headed out.

I told my wife as we were driving away, well now I guess I need to buy a 20 gauge shotgun....


:)


for those of you with powers of deduction, you can probably see where this is going....



fast forward a couple of months,  on a friday night we stopped by a outfitter store to pick up a few things and I was browsing the used guns (as I normally do) and what did I see?

yep,  20 gauge over / under shotgun.

Nice shape, good price....




wait for it.....




wait for it......




yep, I came home with it.   (shocking I know,  total twist in the story there)




and no, you wont see a picture of it here.





Cherry Pie!


DD


No comments:

Post a Comment