Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Antique Tool Sale

Saturday morning the family made its first, and hopefully not its last trip, to the   "28th Semi Annual
"One Old Sorehead & One Nice Guy" Vintage & Antique Tool Sale"
Because of things we had going on that day we got there pretty early, actually right as it opened.  It was interesting to see people get quite huffy over certain tools or sections to browse over, but for the most part people were very friendly and it was great to see all the items that were there.  Many things I recognized from my childhood.  After much browsing and looking I finally had to go find my wife and tell her we needed to go as I already picked up too many things.

The score




Stanley 984 Corner Brace / Electrician Brace    This is the first time I have ever seen one of these

Stanley 923 10" Brace - I was actually looking for an antique brace to clean up and show off

Miller Fallas 56B low angle block plane,  not in great shape but cleaned up it will be a great apron plane

Stanley 60 1/2 low angle block plane, same as above

and my son picked up a pair of Wizard nail pullers and a proto tools tool box.

Whats interesting is I looked up the history of Proto Tools and found that it was also the Plomb tool company.  Same company the antique rachet set I have.

I can tell you we will definitely be looking to go again.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment