Monday, November 1, 2010

Step two on the home for the Bell Project

My first time ever laying brick...

and you can tell,  it doesnt look that great, but it is nice and strong.


(yes, some of the bricks on the top are crooked, they are just sitting there as I ran out of mortar.  Dont have a cow)

First I had some issues with mixing the mortar and getting it the right consistantcy, but we got that worked out and I was doing better with working the brick trowel and the mortar and everything.  These columns are both half as tall as they need to be so someone over the next week we will finish them up.

After that, I will have a lot of grinding and pointing to do as I go back and make it look good, because I can tell you that most of it does not look good.

But again, all in all not bad for my first time ever to lay brick

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment