Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Challenge Over

As I mentioned earlier, my parents had a cracked piece of marble that needed repairing.

Here it is


no, it doesnt really look all that different.  The difference is it is all one piece now.  I used a polyester resin glue mixed with marble dust to create the glue to bond the pieces back together.  Man, let me tell you that was a MESS.  Marble dust reminds me a lot of flour, and polyester resin glue is like, well, goop.  Think of a bad cake mix and that is what I was working with to fill the gap.  All in all it actually worked out very well.

I could have sanded down the top and polished it up, filling in the gap and made it look really good, but that is not the look my parents are going for.  This way it still looks the same as it does, just all one piece and no sharp edges to grab onto hands and fingers.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment