Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Actually accomplished something....

Last weekend was actually a wonderful weekend, even though the weather was crap around here.  We had some time to do what we needed to, what we wanted to, and relax some.

I finally started on some drawers I promised my wife like 100 years ago.

They are going on undermount slides, made out of red oak to match the cabinets now, uses through dovetails  (my first time doing those)

Here is the test fittings I did with plywood

the S4S wood I started with

in the middle of the process
the MESS it made.  (no I dont have dust collection on my dovetail jig or with either router)


I then worked on the slot for the bottom, which i am putting where it wont show through the dovetails and have come up with this

the back is put in with a rabbett and is cut short because of the undermount slides.

Still have a lot of work to do, but I feel good that I managed to get this far in a relatively short amount of time.  and I think I did pretty good for my first ever through dovetails.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment