Saturday, January 22, 2011

the Double D Root Beer Company

one of the things I received as a Christmas present was a home made root beer kit.



so a couple of weeks ago, I enlisted the help of my son and we followed the directions to make Root Beer.

Not tally difficult in the grand scheme of things.  Once you have it all done and in the bottles, you put it in a cool, dark place for a few days to let it carbonate.  You squeeze the bottles to tell if its ready or not.

then you refrigerate them once they are ready



Well you learn from experience and I learned that I let them carbonate too long.  The flavor I thought was good though so we are going to take another shot at it, see where it takes us.

Stay tuned,  soon we will all be BEGGING to have a sip of some Double-D Root Beer.

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment