Friday, January 21, 2011

I have grown a monster - and where to shop for your supplies

as I have mentioned before, my Son turned some pens for the holidays.  Well ever since then he has been after me about when we can go to the wood store so he can pick out some more blanks.  Well last weekend we were out and about so I went to a woodcraft, which was closest, so he could pick some out.  He picked out 3 or 4 blanks and paid for them himself.  The guy was nice to him, but no more than any other customer.  After leaving there my Wife suggested we drive over to the new Rocker (Damn, do I love this woman or what) so off we went to Rocker.  
  The Rockler is a fairly new store and I have to say is a much better store than my local Woodcraft and of course my son found blanks there that he wanted also, which again he went up and purchased at the counter with his own money.  Well of course the guy running the register gave him a discount for being a kid interested in woodworking.  He figured he had about $25 worth of pens and he paid less than $20 for it.  That is a big deal to him and to me.

I can tell you where we will do our local shopping from now on.

of course after we got home I got on ordering some more pen kits from Craft Supplies so he can get working on these

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment