Saturday, February 12, 2011

my Wife has lost all confidence in my ability to complete a project

so I come home the other day and I spot this...


Sticks of raw molding sticking above the door  (trying to hide behind the door, but they are too tall)  so I ask my wife, "what are those?"  I get told dont worry about it

Of course I cant let that sit, so I bug her and she proceeds to tell me she is going to use them as crown molding in the downstairs bathroom.  She tells me she is going to do it because she doesnt want to add anything to my plate.  Translation - if I ask you to do it, it would take too long, so I am going to do it my damn self.

Now before we get headed the wrong way, let me say that my wife has the talent, knowledge, and ability to do anything she wants to do.  In the end she is smarter than me in every way so this is not a slam against her abilities.  (and I am not just saying that because she reads this blog and I dont want to sleep on the couch)

She proceeds to tell me she first needs to rip a little edge off the end of the molding so it will better match the tim on the top of the cabinet.  Red light start flashing in my head as this will require a good bit of setup on the tablesaw and because of the size of the molding and the thin rip you need there will be no way to use a safety guard or anything.

So with her help, I setup and rip the edge off all the pieces, and put them back behind the door where she can work on them.

Few days later I come home and she has taken her test piece and it working on the cope from the new molding to the cabinets.  It looks very good.



I am confident she will outshine any trim work I have ever done when she does this and I wish her all the luck in the world

Now I have to get cracking on getting things done so I can get back on her good side

DD

No comments:

Post a Comment